Shri Vinoba Bhave College of Nursing, Silvassa a unit of Shri Vinoba Bhave Civil Hospital officially inaugurated on 28th December 2013, with an aim to contribute towards the development of tribal girls through nursing field. Courses are been recognized by Indian Nursing Council, Gujarat Nursing Council and College is affiliated to Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat. College of nursing is functioning under the Union Territory administration of Dadra Nagar Haveli.
To create a suitable and massive infrastructure to meet the demands and march ahead providing excellent nursing education, adopting new developments into the profession and promote research into nursing practice by following wholeheartedly the principles of our mentor ‘Ever Living Nightingale’ in transforming knowledge into practice, through the most cost effective methods to achieve National Health Goals.
To recognize ourselves in the leadership position among the best nursing institutions, as a centre for excellence in nursing education, training, practice and Research to meet the challenges pertaining to the human health.
“Service with Humanity”
We believe that Nursing Curriculum should be planned according to the health needs of the society to meet the health care challenges by fulfilling educational needs of students for their all round growth and development. The college also believes that “Every poor deserves the Best”. All health care consumers should be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion. The Nursing College faculty believes that learning is self active and is a lifelong continuous process. Both learners and teachers are responsible for collaborative process of teaching and learning. Students are responsible for engaging in learning activities while faculty is accountable for providing suitable opportunities.
The college believes that students must be actively involved in the learning process to acquire clinical proficiency and trained to various professional roles. Faculty believes in developing caring relationships with students that promote personal, academic and professional growth.Faculty of this college believes to accept and attend every student as a basic learner, recognize her potential and treat her accordingly.
Nursing college believes that, on completion of the course students will be able to function as a competent and democratic nursing leader to meet changing health needs of the society and contribute towards the progress of the nursing profession.
With the national awareness of need of nurses in India Shri Vinoba Bhave Civil Hospital took the initiative of starting a School of Nursing in the year 2008. Over the years it has been preparing the women of the society to learn and serve people of DNH. In the year 2013, school was upgraded as a College of Nursing, with an annual intake of 40 BSc Nursing Students. Post Basic BSc nursing degree course (PBSC) of two year duration for upgrading those with diploma in general nursing and midwifery (GNM) .The first batch of PBSC was started in the academic year 2014- 2015with an annual intake of 20 students.
As the journey of our success story continues we are looking forward to start various educational programmes including Msc Nursing programme too.
1. The baccalaureate program prepares the graduate to Demonstrate the professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct.
2. Assume accountability for personal and professional behaviors in nursing profession.
3. Promote the image of nursing profession by demonstrating knowledge, skills, and attitudes in practice.
4. Demonstrate professionalism and attention to professional boundaries with patients, their families as well as among caregivers.
5. Appreciate the history of and contemporary issues in nursing and their impact on current nursing practice.
6. Identify and reflect on one’s own beliefs and values as they relate to professional practice.
7. Identify personal, professional, and environmental risks that impact personal and professional choices and behaviours.
8. Recognize the impact of attitudes, values, and expectations on the care of all the health and vulnerable populations.
9. Protect patient’s rights, privacy and confidentiality and ensure patient safety.
10. Access inter and intra professional resources to resolve ethical issues and other dilemmas.
11. Act to prevent unsafe, illegal, or unethical care practices.
12. Appreciate and articulate the value of pursuing practice excellence, lifelong learning, and professional engagement to foster professional growth and development
13. Recognize the relationship between personal health, self renewal, and the ability to deliver sustained quality care in all health care settings.
Sr.No. Name of the Staff Designation Qualification & Specialty 1 Mrs.Mariamma V. George Principal MSc,Mphil.
2 Mr.N.Sriram Vice-Principal MSc(N)
3 Mrs.P. Vaddivukkarasi Associate Professor MSc(N),MBA(HRM)
4 Mr.Jerrin Rajan Assistant Professor MSc(N),
5 Ms.Anjali N.Prajapati Assistant Professor MSc (N)
6 Ms. Sweety Mamen Assistant Professor MSc(N)
7 Ms.Kaveri Pandya Assistant Professor MSc(N)
8 Mr.Sijo M.E Tutor BSc-Nursing 9 Mrs.Chinchu R Tutor BSc-Nursing 10 Mrs.Suchitra Das Tutor Post BSc Nursing 11 Mrs.Krina Patel Tutor BSc Nursing 12 Mr.Amit Jadhav Tutor BSc Nursing 13 Ms.Nimisha Solanki Tutor BSc Nursing 14 Ms.Tripal Chaudhri Tutor MSc(N)
(Child Health Nursing)
15 Mr.Jeffin P. Thankachan Tutor MSc(N)
16 Ms.Bincy Mathew Tutor MSc(N)
17 Ms Nicky N. M. Tutor MSc(N)
(Community Health Nursing)
18 Mr.Amar A Mullah Tutor MSc(N)
(Child Health Nursing)
19 Mrs.Leana Phebe Tutor (MSc(N)
(Child Health Nursing))