INTEGRATED DISEASE SURVEILLANCE PROGRAMME
The IDSP in UT of Dadra Nagar Haveli shall be completing eight years of its implementation.
During these years the project has moved to another step leading towards efficient working, strengthening of surveillance system in a systematic manner and adopting programmatic approach for establish early warning.
At present we have strengthen our lab which needs to be further strengthened.
Contractual staff’s positions as appointed Timely reporting of form S, P and L has going on. Here we have given training to the entire MO, Lab technicians and our health staffs regarding the reporting under IDSP.
- To establish a decentralized state based system of surveillance for communicable and non-communicable diseases, so that timely and effective public health actions can be initiated in response to health challenges in the country at the state and national level.
- To improve the efficiency of the existing surveillance activities of disease control programs and facilitate sharing of relevant information with the health administration, community and other stakeholders so as to detect disease trends over time and evaluate control strategies. Major components of the Programme are …….
- Integrating and decentralization of surveillance activities.
- Strengthening of public health laboratories.
- Human Resource Development.
- Use of Information Technology for collection, collation, compilation, analysis and dissemination of data.