NATIONAL PROGRAMME FOR CONTROL OF BLINDNESS
The aim of the programme is to reduce the prevalence rate of blindness. The main activities being carried out under Blindness programme are:
- Eye check up of School going children.
- Provide free spectacle to school going children with refractive error.
- Grant in Aid (GIA) to NGO for free cataract surgeries.
- Vision centres all the PHC/CHC & District Hospital.
- Provide ophthalmic equipments to District Hospital.
- Carrying out IEC activity on eye donation and on awareness of eye related diseases.
Criteria / Norms:
- To provide eye checkups, screening of school going children & distribution of spectacles to school going children. Also to provide cataract operation free of cost at our government facilities / NGOs as per the guidelines of NBCP department of GoI.