NATIONAL PROGRAMME FOR PREVENTION & CONTROL OF DEAFNESS
National Programme For Prevention And Control Of Deafness was launched in U .T of Dadra And Nagar Haveli on 5th July 2014, Dhudhni.
- To prevent avoidable hearing loss on account of disease or injury.
- Early identification, diagnosis and treatment of ear problems responsible for hearing loss and deafness.
- To medically rehabilitate persons of all age groups, suffering with deafness
- To strengthen the existing inter-sectoral linkages for continuity of the rehabilitation programme, for persons with deafness.
- To develop institutional capacity for ear care services by providing support for equipment, material and training personnel.
- At District Hospital : New born screening
- At Anganwadi Centre : 0-6years children screening
- At School Centre : 6-18years children screening
- At community level : Screening of local population through camps patelad wise
- At Industrial level : Screening of workers / employees at industries
At District Hospital :
- Consultation & Medical treatment by ENT Surgeon (Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon)
- Surgical treatment by ENT Surgeon (Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon)
- Hearing test by Audiologist
- Speech therapy
- of Hearing Aid through District Disability & Rehabilitation Centre
At Community Health Centre :
- Consultation & Medical treatment by ENT Surgeon (Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon) once in a week