NATIONAL VECTOR BORN DISEASE CONTROL PROGRAMME
In Dadra and Nagar Haveli following Vector Born Diseases are major Public Health Problem and endemic.
1. Malaria is endemic in throughout the districts viz; Dadra and Nagar Haveli
2. Dengue is endemic in urban and semi urban area and industrialized rural area of the district viz; Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
3. Lymphatic Filariasis MF rate is consistent below one but MF Rate is more than 2 in Naroli PHC and more 1 in Rakholi PHC of the district viz; Dadra and Nagar Haveli
4. Chikungunya, Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES), Japanese Encephalitis (JE) is not endemic and there is no case has been found till date.
- Identification of villages/towns where significant increase in malaria incidence is observed.
- Concerned MO PHCs will carry out the rapid fever surveillance and will provide treatment to all the suspected fever cases and complete treatment to the confirmed malaria cases.
- Training and re - orientation of existing laboratory technicians in the public and private sectors to improve access to diagnosis and improve quality.
- of personnel of peripheral health facilities in the public and private sectors for the treatment of severe malaria and supply of anti-malarial drugs.
- Strengthening the District level and Sub District level health care facilities for treatment of complicated cases of malaria. Capacity building in clinical management of complicated malaria cases at PHC / CHC and district levels by involving tertiary health care institutions.
- Under NVBDCP it is proposed to have fruitful partnerships with field level NGOs to implement various activities for better service delivery and acceptance of the community.
- All the registered NGO and Private Hospital will be involved as sentinel surveillance centers for VBD. By establishing an effective linkage with this institution, weekly surveillance data will be collected for monitoring the VBDs situations. Advocacy workshops for the private practioners will be organized
- Linkages also will be established with industries, Project authorities, and other sectors like fisheries, Revenue, Irrigation etc.
- Provision of outreach services by establishing Fever Treatment Depots (FTD),Provision of microscopy and treatment centers and Hospital based treatment of severe and complicated malaria cases will be made through public private partnership.
- Similarly various departments and sectors will be involved for the following schemes for providing services to high-risk population in the vulnerable areas viz. tribal areas, border areas of the district.
- Promotion of insecticide treated bed nets, insecticide treatment of community owned bed nets and distribution of insecticide treated bed nets in selected areas
- promoting the use of Larvivorous fishes,
- The Disease is restricted in Urban, industrialized rural area and Slum area of Dadra & Nagar Haveli. The team of Dadra and Nagar Haveli has new experience that indigenous population resist to consume DEC and Albendazole Tabs in Kharadpada area has emerged as high MF rate area and our team has covered the whole population with pre MDA round of DEC and Albendazole Administration. The migrant floating population has to be screened for microfilaria. The industries will be directed to screen the new entrant for vector borne diseases. The fund for the same may be provided under Elimination of Filariasis. All the General Manager of Industrial Organization are directed for deputing one Nodal officer for Vector control and implementation of control measure for control of Vector Borne Disease in the Industries.
- Active search of Mt positive case — The PHC has been directed to take night blood slid collection from most affected area for Lymphatic Filariasis to search new cases in the local population. Disease is restricted in Urban and Slum area of Dadra & Nagar Haveli. Active search of Mt positive cases is done for last 1 year.
Screening at the time of Entry