SAVE THE GIRL CHILD
The Medical and Public Health Department of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Silvassa has started the scheme with a theme of “Save the Girl Child – Save Dadra & Nagar Haveli” with effect from 1st April 2007.
This scheme the first two live girl child born in the Government hospitals in UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli would be benefited. To start with the onetime premium was fixed at Rs 20000/- per girl child. The UT Administration has seen a gross increased in the sex ratio and therefore the benefit is increased to to Rs 40000/- from 1st January 2010.
From 1ST January 2014, the benefits was again increased to Rs 41,799/- according to the LIC term policy.
- Reduce the Maternal Mortality Rate
- Reduce the Infant Mortality Rate
- Improve the Sex Ratio
1. Either one of the parents should be domicile of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and mother must be of 18 years old.
2. The parents of the child should submit a certificate from Mamlatdar, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Silvassa as regards to domicile.
3. All the deliveries should be institutional deliveries and it should be conducted in Civil Hospital, CHC, PHC, Dispensary or Sub Centers of Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
4. The money will be deposited in the name of the girl child
5. The first two girl child in a family of two children will only be considered.
6. Under scheme an amount of Rs.41,799/- (Rupees Forty-one thousand seven hundred and ninety nine)
will be deposited under term deposit scheme for 18 years in the Life Insurance Corporation of India Profit Plus in the name of Girl child born.
7. On attaining the age of 18 years the child can use that money for her welfare.
8. Amount will be given to the girl child who is among the first two living issues which the couple has.
9. Under the scheme if girl child dies within 10 years of age then, NO money will be paid to the legal parent/guardian. But if the girl child dies after 10 years of age then the maturity amount will be paid to her legal parent/guardian. However, in case of life threatening condition of the girl child, the term deposit money can be withdrawn at any time for treatment of girl child with certificate of life threatening condition issued by the Medical Board of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Silvassa.
10. The application shall invariably be accompanied with the following documents:
I. Original Institutional Delivery Certificate from institutional head in prescribed format.
In case of CHC, PHCs, Dispensary and Sub - Centers the certificate has to be countersigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
II. Attested copy of proof of marriage
III. Attested copy of Birth certificate of the new born.
IV. Attested copy of birth certificate of mother if available
V. Attested copy of Domicile Certificate issued by competent authorities of U.T. of Dadra & Nagar Haveli.